When you think about it.. everyone LIKES to eat good food, explore different countries, watch a good movie or listen to a good song… but what makes YOU stand out from the rest US are those small things you enjoy even without knowing you enjoy the presence of it.. the kind you only realize when you see it gone..
- The buddy ( she gets on the bus two stops after me.. and gets off at the same bus stop and take the same connected bus ..I never knew where she got off … cz I used to get off before her.. she works in the high tech industry.. the fashion sense said it all .. even before I heard her talking to the dentist about it once.. but she was friendly always smiled… on some sleepy mornings that I completely lose track of time.. having her on the busy meant I didn’t miss the next stop.. or the next bus.. and I’m on the right bus..the perfect buddy system)
- The dentist.. (she can never stop smiling.. and for an avid coffee drinker she had nice teeth… although I never knew if she was a real dentist.. I thought she has to be one to maintain that kind of teeth *for her age… then one day I heard her tell the buddy that she is a dental hygienist.. not a bad guess… !! after all .. but of course..I kept calling her the dentist)
- The pretty boy.. (good looking when u see from far.. average when close by.. probably into sports.. he graduated recently and works for the gov. …. the shirts were carefully ironed and probably put together the day before … obviously too pretty for a gov. job..)
- The schooler.. (only met him after I started working.. schooler was exactly me few months back.. went to the same university as me.. the same bus route.. I was relieved I was not on the same boat as him anymore.. I dont miss the morning classes at all.. !!)
- The know it all… (OMG.. !! don’t want him sitting anywhere close by.. he knows it all.. annoying as hell.. but from what I figured.. he used to have an important job in the gov. mostly into the financial side.. now retired.. probably a widower.. now working at a small company… as a consultant… he was an expert at everything.. damn he talks too much.. )
The list goes on.. so I miss these people.. often on the way to work now.. I check the bus stops every once in a while to spot some of *the regulars*… and I wonder what was I for those people.. and how they would name me..